Thursday 19 March 2015

Atiku Replies Presidency: APC Is My Last Bus Stop In Politics


Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has said that the nature of his politics is full time and leaves no room for a vacation as suggested by the Presidency, in their bid to woo him back to the PDP.

Atiku said: "I did that when we built the great assemblage of the finest men and women under the umbrella of the PDP to get rid of the generals; I did that when I left and returned to the PDP, and I did that when I helped to turn the APC into a serious opposition party.

"When I toured our country, and listened to the hopes, fears, and expectations of Nigerians from all walks of life, I said the APC is the final bus stop, and that it is the end of the line. Because it is, for me."

Atiku, in a statement on Wednesday, reacted to the claims by President Goodluck Jonathan’s aide, that he is on sabbatical, and will soon return to the ruling PDP.

‎The APC chieftain said the demands of Nigeria of today can't afford him the luxury of political vacation.

"You know, it's funny how some people put politics and vacation in the same sentence. Let me assure you: politics is a serious business, it is hard work, and for me at least, it is more than a full time job. I really don't know how you can seriously think of taking a vacation, in a country like ours, with the politics we have," he said.

"You know where I stand: I want a competitive democracy, true federalism, a government that creates conditions for people and business to thrive, and keeps out of business and people's lives, and I want a country that is united and proud of its diversity," Atiku stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...