Monday, 9 March 2015

Fire engulfs AIT’s studio area in Lagos


Fire gutted the African Independent Television (AIT) Studio area in Alagbado in Lagos this morning.
The fire which started by 9am reportedly resulted from a high voltage electricity in the studio. However, according to a Punch report, the fire was put out by the Lagos State Fire Service from
Agege, Ikeja and Alausa division, around 9:30am.

Confirming the incident, the Director of Fire Service, Fasak Fadipe said his men arrived at the scene 15 minutes after a call was received from the media house, adding that it took 15 minutes to put off the fire.

He also disclosed the cause of the fire, blaming it on the impact of a high voltage on the AC been used in the Studio

Although no lives were lost in the incident, few property were damaged by the fire.

“Only the AC was badly damaged as we were able to curtail the spread of the fire. The management of the station had also combated it and they must be commended for having all the fire equipment.” He said.

Six killed, many injured as soldiers shoot worshippers, students in Kaduna
He also advised residents of the state to always be conscious, adding that the present weather condition can cause fire outbreak.

No comments:

Post a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...