Saturday 25 April 2015

I won’t die because Jonathan lost election –Clark


A former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has said it is wrong for anyone to think that he would die because President Goodluck Jonathan lost the March 28 presidential election.

Clark, who was one of the supporters of the President, spoke with journalists on Friday in Abuja.

He said some people had been going round with rumours that he collapsed when he heard about the outcome of the presidential election.

It will be recalled that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), defeated Jonathan, the Peoples Democratic Party candidate in the election.


Clark, who said he was travelling to London on Friday night, said he decided to speak with journalists before the rumour mongers would go to the market again and say that he had been flown abroad in air ambulance.

The Ijaw National leader wondered why some people could be thinking he would die when he was not the one that contested election.

He said even the President that stood for the election had conceded defeat and congratulated Buhari.

He said, “I am here today to tell you that I am not dead. Or am I dead? In every election, there would be winners and losers. The same thing happened during the last presidential election.

“I am alive. Today, I won’t talk about what happened before, during and after the election. That will come another day.

“I am talking to you now because I am travelling tomorrow and some people will go into the streets and say I was carried into air ambulance.

“President Jonathan that contested election had congratulated the winner and the whole world acclaimed him for conceding defeat.



“Jonathan was the one who contested election, I didn’t. So, why should I die.”

Source: Punch

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...