Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Photos: How Nigerian boy brutally raped me & fled to his country - Australian Teen

An Australian teenager has told how she was raped twice on Christmas Eve in Bali while holidaying with her family - and has slammed Indonesian police for letting her attacker escape back to his native Nigeria.Audrey Pekin, 19, says she was attacked by a man, Henry Alafu, who she had met with other friends a few days earlier when he lured her to his remote home - and then assaulted her again in a taxi as she tried to flee.

Alafu lured Ms Pekin back to where his property away from the bustling tourist centre of the city, and brutally raped her on two separate occasions.Alafu told Ms Pekin a party was taking place a nearby villa, and the pair agreed to go to it together. 

According to ACA, during in taxi ride to the home, Ms Pekin began to feel unwell due to her type 1 diabetes.Once they arrived at the house, she was not put off by the lack of noticeable noise that suggested there was no party taking place, because her illness made it 'impossible to think', she told the show.Inside the house, Alafu locked the door and forced Ms Pekin to the bed where he allegedly attacked her.

She said.. 

He went from a man to a monster, I can't quite describe the feeling, the sadness, to know what was about to happen and that I would or could not have done anything to stop it.I was literally shaking and drooling... I threw some very feeble punches, but I could not move my arms...I could not move anything.'

After the first alleged attack, Ms Pekin said she desperately tried to escape. Alafu then followed her, and tormented her as she struggled to flee. She sought help from passing motorists and workers in a nearby service station, but Alafu allegedly told staff to ignore her and 'to stay out of it', the show reported.

Ms Pekin believed she was safe when a cab picked her up, only for Alafu to force his way into the cab and again allegedly rape her.

'He kept trying to kiss me... he molested me in the back of the taxi for everyone, for the taxi driver, to see,' He wouldn't stop.'

Ms Pekin escaped the cab when it got back into the city of Kuta, when Alafu stalked after her again.

'He loped after me... he was laughing - he was taunting me,'

It was only after another man, believed to be a fellow Australian, saw Ms Pekin was distressed and stepped in to help her.

CCTV footage captured Alafu waiting in the lobby for Ms Pekin,

'I wish I could find that man... he deserves a medal, that man saved my life,' Ms Pekin said.

Ms Pekin's sister, Frances, discovered her on the floor of her hotel room hours later.

'She wasn't even on the bed - she was next to the bed crying, shaking... in that moment I knew something, the worst had happened,' Frances Pekin said, according to the report.

The family rushed Ms Pekin to hospital, where doctors found her entire body covered in bruises.

'He was crushing me, he nearly suffocated me... He could have killed me,' Ms Pekin said.

The 19-year-old then had a 'virginity test' at Sanglah Hospital, which she said was similar to a 'third assault'.

'The test was horrible, It was invasive... It was painful.'

The test not only confirmed to police Ms Pekin had been raped, but it also revealed she had contracted a sexually transmitted infection in the attack.The Pekin family's torment was worsened by the fact the alleged predator was allowed to escape the country, and remains on-the-run.

A number of Facebook posts by Alafu, under a different name, including a picture he uploaded of the two together the night before, led to the Pekins family to believe it 'evident' he was the man who allegedly attacked their daughter.

Police were in possession of Alafu's phone number, Facebook profile and current address, but the Pekin family says they did not do enough.

'It's just so hard to know what to do,' Ms Pekin's father, Karl, said. 'It's incredibly frustrating... They could have picked him up - he was still a threat.'It's clear who he was, clear where he was, so we don't know why he wasn't picked up.'

It was not until January 12, 18 days after the alleged attack, an attempt to arrest the Nigerian national.

Four of Alafu's friends were arrested in a raid on the property on January 14, however it is believed he had escaped by that point. Police tracking revealed his phone was later used in Jakarta before being deactivated. HisFacebook account was later opened from Nigeria.

The Pekin family was paid more than $14,000 in legal fees over four days to proceed with the case.

Interpol was notified last week that Alafu is a wanted man. The Pekins are currently waiting for Interpol to issue a red notice for his arrest, which would allow the Australian government to push for Mr Alafu's arrest.

Culled from Dailymail


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...